Tazitas (little cups) - Hummingbird Stoneware
Taza, means cup in Spanish, tazita means little cup. These Tazitas are high-fire, stoneware, limited edition, hand-drawn hummingbird design mini cups or small bowls - whatever you need them to be!
To see a full Tazita Gift Box, click here.
Influenced by the small size used in tea ceremonies, the Hummingbird Tazita includes a cover plate to be used as a side plate for snacks, a cover face up for the Tazita, or can be used face down to trap condensation in the concave shape while making tea. Every culture with tea in their history uses a vessel that can be covered to hold heat, aromatic oils, spices as well as herbal infusions while steeping. This Tazita brings this experience to you.
Tea making is both a solitary ritual and a social one. In either case, togetherness is welcomed here.
Hummingbirds are resilient, determined, agile, and fierce protectors of their territory. They shine their shimmer through their unique organization of feathers and what you see is a little bird with big energy. Hummers are known to help travelers find their way home since they use unseen navigation skills to migrate each year.
These little Tazitas are "big things in small packages". Tazitas are not limited to tea!
Just look at what they can do:
- Color: hand-dipped glaze silky aqua blue and creamy white stoneware
- Sold in sets of 2, (2 cups, 2 cover plates), Limited editions
- Size 1/2 cup / 118 ml. comfortably
- Microwave, dishwasher, oven safe
- Designed and made locally in Texas, USA
- Stoneware-porcelain mix clay is special with its high fire creation, it is durable, heirloom-quality, lasting generations with proper care, and perfect for special occasions.